13 Jan Due Dates Extended as a Result of the Recent Earthquakes
On January 8, 2020, the PRTD issued the Internal Revenue Circular Letter No. 20-02 (“Circular Letter”) to extend the due dates for several returns, declarations and payments of certain taxes due up to January 30, 2020. The extended due dates are as follows:
Extended until January 31, 2020.
- Returns, declarations, and forms related to payroll taxes, withholdings and estimated tax payments, due from January 7 through January 30, 2020.
- Monthly Excise Tax Return and Monthly Sales and Use Tax Return on Imports due on January 10, 2020.
- Monthly Sales and Use Tax Return due on January 20, 2020.
- The first installment of the Sales and Use Tax Biweekly Deposit due on January 15, 2020.
Extended until March 16, 2020
- Income Tax Returns, including any related forms and extension requests, due on January 15, 2020.
Note that the following payments, licenses or forms are not covered by the Circular Letter and, accordingly, their due dates, which are January 31, 2020, have not been extended:
- Second installment of the Sales and Use Tax Biweekly Deposit
- Internal Revenue Licenses with a renewal period due on January 2020
- Withholding Statement (Form 499R-2/W-2PR) for 2019
- Reconciliation Statement of Income Tax Withheld (Form 499R-3) for 2019
- Informative Return – Mortgage Interest (Form 480.7A) for 2019
- Informative Return – Automobile Lease Payments (Form 480.7D) for 2019
Our electrical system is still very fragile, which is affecting access to energy and telecommunications. Considering that many filing processes are done online, it might be necessary to grant additional extensions. Stay tuned for our updates.